Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Northern Lights Lesson

Last night I was at Bryant Park in TC
The forecast was for a moderate chance for a northern lights show
It was 34 degrees  but calm... I had to go

I got all set up  the lights were beginning to show
Camera ready, I was starting to get my eyes adjusted to the dark
Ready to take a couple pictures

Then some people pulled into the park... and proceeded to light up me and my camera on the tripod with their bright lights....
After I waved my flashlight at them asking them to turn off their lights, a man gets out walks to me and asks if Im seeing the aurora at all...

well... not any more...

I shot a couple pictures after the man left and his headlights went with him...  too late to get the shot I wanted

Please...

To all those who dont know... when you pull into a park at night and see a old bald guy out there with a camera on his tripod, he does not need you to shine your bright lights right at him as to help him find his way home.... maybe he is trying to take pictures of the northern lights and at the moment he is contemplating dimming your headlights with his hickory walking stick! And when he is thru he might hit the ones on your car too....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and your name so I can thank you