Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Last night Lightning






















A friend asked me recently why I like thunderstorms.  She didnt understand how I could be one who seeks peace yet still love these storms.

You see peace isnt always about quiet, or calmness to the senses.
In a thunderstorm all that untamed power, and the roar and flashing lightning, they shut out the things that are troubling my soul.

Some days I am so tuned in to hurting people, or to the troubles of life, that it becomes overwhelming.  The storms provide shelter from the storms of life, I guess.

So when the winds die down, and the rain and lightning decrease,
just maybe the calmness will stay in my heart for a while.

Peace....   coming to a storm near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and your name so I can thank you