Friday, September 29, 2017

Seeking Northern Lights

September 27 2017

I had seen forecasts for favorable conditions on several sites.  The weather forecasts all day were predicting clouds and more clouds.  I know that if there isnt clear skies to the North that it isnt worth the time...

I woke up at 2 AM, couldnt sleep
checked the aurora sites,  numbers look good!
checked the weather and clear sky sites
a small window of time looked promising
between 3 and 4 AM...

When i arrived the sky was glowing to the North
I quickly set the camera up, I had all the settings done earlier.
On the tripod. check focus... click

Over the next hour the sky danced with greens and yellows and a few reds.  The camera catches them better than our eyes but the lights were bright enough that they reflected off the water


Sleep, who needs sleep?

Maybe Ill see you there next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and your name so I can thank you